Update:

Panting Pooches consistently serves 10+ countries on 6 continents every week! Welcome to every one across the planet!

Friday, April 11, 2014

Yellow Dogs

by Linnea on 12/13/12

There is a movement across the world (yes, it's in many other countries too) called The Yellow Dog Project.  This is a way to signal other people that your dog is not to be approached.  It can be for many different reasons: dogs who are scared of strangers, dogs who are dog-reactive, service dogs who need to focus on their person, ill dogs.. or maybe you just don't want people approaching you and your dog out on a walk!  

Yellow is the color that people are using to signal this need for space.  Generally, people have been using yellow ribbons attached to the leash, but in my opinion ribbons are not visible enough and can get ruined easily or torn off.

My plan was to create durable yellow leashes made entirely out of paracord, but I realized I would need tremendous amounts of cord for a 5' leash.  I then came up with this leash addition.
Weaving paracord onto leashes makes it extremely durable and highly visible.  It would be a semi-permanent addition to your leash.  It's going to stay on until you cut it off basically.

This movement is important to me as I'm out in many neighborhoods walking dogs and I've been approached by neighbors while walking dogs even when I've communicated that this particular dog needs space.  Not all dogs are super friendly in every situation.  And again, some are service/therapy dogs that have a job to do .. to help their person. 

I tried to come up with a slip-on option, but with paracord it's simply not possible.  If you are local, I only need your leash(es) for 10 minutes each.  I can weave on your yellow marker for only $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment