Update:

Panting Pooches consistently serves 10+ countries on 6 continents every week! Welcome to every one across the planet!

Monday, April 13, 2015

Review: Cardinal Auto-Lock Pet Gate (Model MG-15)

Right off the bat, I'm gonna say it - I love this gate!  

We've had this gate since we bought our house in November of 2013.  One of the things I liked most about our house was that there was a perfect doorway to put a gate up to keep the dogs out of the kitchen when I was cooking.  When we were first married, we were renting a huge house that had an awful kitchen floor plan and there was no way to gate the dogs out without blocking off half of the main floor.  We had our friend's mastiff living with us for over a year and he liked to lay in the middle of the floor of the kitchen, and I was always having to step over him when I cooked.  So I was thrilled when our new home had a good layout for easily blocking the dogs out of the kitchen.  I started shopping for semi-permanent gates that wouldn't be an eyesore but also wouldn't kill my wallet.  I originally found the Cardinal gate on Groupon - a site where I like to go look for some good deals.  The problem with Groupon is you often don't know the quality of the item and you don't know exactly when it'll be shipped to you.  I decided to take a chance on this gate.  At the very worst I knew I could return it.

I was so pleased when we got the gate set up!  It does require wall anchors to keep it securely in place but other than those, it came with everyone needed.  The width is adjustable and the vertical slats keep seasoned gate climbers on their side of the gate. (Yes, Zoey was once a gate climber!)  The auto-lock means that you can swing the gate behind you and it will lock into place - you don't need to stand there to lock it.  

When we received the gate, the instructions stated to install it 6" above the floor.  It didn't say why, so we left the 6" gap on the bottom which you don't want to do if you have little dogs.  They can sneak underneath if they're small enough.

We've now had this gate installed for 2.5 years and it is still working beautifully and looks just as good as day 1! 

It is available on Amazon and extensions are also available if you need a little more width.

No comments:

Post a Comment